Checklist to not enjoy friendship day (I stay in hostel :3) :
- Wake up late in afternoon, because no one wants to wake you up, because nobody likes you.
- Got to wash your face and see your long lost neighbor.
- Get Brush and Paste, afterall they are friends and they stay together.
- Take Guitar and start practicing to listen how you are disturbing the person in next room and his friends in his room.
- Wait till last 5 min for lunch, and go lone for lunch. Sit alone among all the 160 benches of 8 seaters, each being occupied by a group of friends you know but don’t know whether they know you…
- While coming back, get ignored from past neighbor roommate as if you are a stranger.
- Come back to room to see all locked up rooms in corridor because all planned to go outside. Oh that’s why there was a meet I wasn’t invited to.
- Spend the rest of the time in room watching movies, playing games etc etc.
- Hear sound in corridor, open door just to get ignored, and get to know that your wing mates went outside for a movie and lunch.
- Go back and start doing where I left, i.e., wasting time.
- Go to have few snacks, get to know that today was friendship day, and most of the people went outing with their friends.
- Go back to room. Cry. Regret coming to college. Regret staying way from family. Sober. Hated by everyone. Loved by no one.
- Go online, see a picture of your crush with his rumored boyfriend which you expected and wanted to be false every minute till now.
- Cry again. Throw tear bucket water outside window. Cry again.
- Sober of all this, go outside alone to bar. Take a beer. See everyone came with someone, and you have no one to talk. Cry. Drink beer. Drink another. Drink a third. A fourth. Vomit. Eat peanuts. Think what you are doing with your life.
- Come back to campus. Get back to your corridor to see none help a dizzy drunk friend (or just a peer).
- Go to bed. Call Mom. Tell her everything is fine. Tell here all good. Disconnect Call. Cry. Cry again. Fall asleep in between. Tired and not loved. Hated by all.
- A new day with similar routine, realize yesterday was friendship day. Continue regretting living a life like this….